I'm really nervous about Remi getting her vaccination's when she's a baby, I would rather wait until she's a few years old. Are there some vac's that she absolutely needs to have right away? If so, which ones are they? (I'm already worrying about the little girl and she's not even here yet... but I'd rather be safe than sorry).
So I need some advice from the Mother's out there... Did you get your baby's vaccination's right away or did you wait until they were older?
Any additional Motherly advice you would like to give would be appreciated.
So I need some advice from the Mother's out there... Did you get your baby's vaccination's right away or did you wait until they were older?
Any additional Motherly advice you would like to give would be appreciated.

11 comments:
Like they say in Utah "Immunize by 2- it's up to you!"
Have you found a pediatrician yet? Ask Kim or Lindsey who they see, and make an appointment to talk to him or her before Remi gets here. You'll feel much better about immunizations.
I remember getting Jager and Mattie vaccinations at 5 weeks, 6 and 9 weeks, 12 weeks or older and adult boosters. Does this help honey :) Love You!!!
Lindsay and I go to Dr. H. Shah. He is on truxtun. Not that far from you at all. We love him. Never had a long wait in his office and I have seen the other Dr. in the practice Dr. Santiago and I love her as well. I like that they always ask me who I would like to see and always get me in to see that Dr.
I have always immunizied my kids in the time frame the peds give. I have had some Dr.'s say they don't like to give too many at one time so they break them up and I have had others who have just given them all when they are supposed to. I personally have never had a problem with either way. Jared read a lot of research on immunizations for his microbiology major. Since he knew more about it than me I let him tell me what he thought. Asked the Dr. and went from there. If you read the actual research and not just the opinions I think it will help you make a better decision. Just my opinion. Call me if you can't find dr. Shah's number.
I personally would rather have it all done and over with. The younger, the better. When they're older, like Austin, they remember it more, they actually hurt a little more because they affect them more. And just think of it this way, if you do it all in the right time frame, you don't have to have a million done right before she starts school.
Well my opinion would be to get them done in the time frame set up by your Dr. I never enjoyed taking them for their shots but always felt so much better when they were done. Good Luck!
Older more better
Jared had his all on time. Anna will be 4 this month and she hasn't had but a few. The most important thing to do is what you feel is best. Dont let the ped. push you around. Anna reacted badly to her first round of immuniations. The problem was they gave her something like 4-5 at one time so I didn't know which one she was reacting to. I know they like to do more at one time to get it over all at once, but we only allow one vaccination at a time so we can see how she reacts to it. You will be amazed how fast you become attuned to your little one. You will know what she needs. You will be a great mom!
I got Grace's all it the time frame that the doctor had. With Jack I asked a lot more questions to our doctor. She took about 30 minutes(which in doctor time is probably 3 hours) to discuss all the details on why to immunize. She was willing to let me spread a few shots out so that Jack didn't have to do all 5 that day(yes five!). I guess the one that is controversial is the MMR, which they don't get until 18 months. I think like anything there is pro's and con's, but my doctor made me feel 100% better about immunizing. You should make sure to ask questions so that you can make the best choice for your family.
P.s It does look like a Mullet!?! He had a mustache until last week too! I don't know what the deal is? He is silly :)
Abby McCaleb!! Remember me, Christine Lamirand? We used to play on Heisey street and do all kinds of stupid stuff! Congrats on your little bun in the oven, I had a little boy 7 months ago. I just told Emily I found you and she says HI!
Hey, Abbers! With my husband and I both working in the medical field I am HUGE on the immunizations. In fact both of my kids had started their immunizations prior to leaving the hospital. I think it is a good idea to get them, but it is your decision and you need to feel good about it. When I take my kids to the doctor they always give me a fact sheet about each immunization. Once you find your ped you could probably see if they have information on each immunization. They will answer alot of questions for you.
Post a Comment