I said "are you sure those aren't nuts?"
She said "Yeah, it's a GIRL, thats her GIRL part!" I still didn't believe her.
I said "no, I think those are his balls"
She said "I'm 95% positive it's a GIRL" Fine, whatever!
I showed my Dr and his nurse the ultrasound pictures and they said it was a GIRL.
I guess I'm in denial... I just knew it was going to be a BOY! My sister has BOYS and my brothers have GIRLS. All my girlfriends growing up have a BOY and then a GIRL. See the system here? All 7 chinese gender prediction charts I looked at said BOY. Everything said BOY except the ultrasound!
So, I went to Target & TJ Maxx this weekend to find some cute GIRL stuff to help myself overcome this crazy/shocking news. I couldn't find anything that I loved and had to have. It didn't feel right, I felt like I should be looking at the blue section not the pink!
I've decided I'd just give myself some time to let the news settle before I go crazy and buy a bunch of GIRL stuff.
I thought this would help me out....
every time I go in the bathroom I will see this and hopefully it won't take too long to overcome the shock!
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want a GIRL... it's that I really, really, really thought we were going to have a BOY first! I will love her to pieces and we will be best of buds! Jeff will teach her to play the guitar and I will buy her power rangers and cars to play with! But she will not be butch! We already LOVE her more than anything in this world!
I wish Remy Kimiko to be a healthy baby with her daddy's blue eyes and her mommy's dark curly hair!

9 comments:
You're too cute! When Patrick was going to be born in just a few weeks I went to my mom and said "Wait Im not ready, what if I cant do this?" And all she said was "Too late!" Its an amazing experience and once the shock wears off you are going to go crazy buying every little thing.
And God said, "Oh let there be another beautiful, sweet girl in this world and lets have a little fun. Lets give her to Jeff and Abby and watch them squirm." LOL. Will she be a truck driver or a ballerina? Whatever she is she will be the love or your life. Little pink bows and soft cuddly dolls everywhere. The fun is just beginning.
Oh Abby, you're so funny! I love the writing on your mirror. We won't let her be a girlie girl, you and Mandee never were so why would Remy be? Once she arrives you will be so happy & very busy. Just remember I will be close so call on me whenever you need me.
Love you, Mom
Try having the baby THEN finding out it's a girl when all during the pregnancy you thought it was a boy. That's what happened to me!! I didn't want to find out on the ultrasound, but I was darn sure that my little Cali was going to be a boy. Even Austin was excited about having a baby brother. Then, when she came, Austin's first words were, "where's my baby brother? put her back, I want a baby brother." Oh well, too late. And she's not a girly girl at ALL, and we couldn't imagine life without her.
I'm so excited for you!!
Woohoo!!! We're both having girls!! I registered on Babies R Us.com yesterday and I think that helped with the initial shock. I have all the big things in neutral colors but I dont have any girl clothes blankets or towels so thats what I registered for. But you need everything! That will be so much fun! My mom already bought some outfits for her. So cute! And I dont even like girly stuff.
Abby,
How fun! I was determined not to buy anything pink for Anna, but after a while the color grew on me. I'm sure Remy will be sweet with a lot of spunk just like her mother. Congrats!
I too could not quite fathom having a girl and lo and behold, it happened! The pink can be a bit much...but really I am thrilled. We love having a sweet little girl in the house!
Abby you and Jeff are screwed... That sucks so bad you're having a girl. I feel sorry for you. Pink sucks and so does crying babies. Sorry for the bad news... I still will love you though.
Enjoy the fact that you haven't gone crazy in the shopping dept. yet. Once you do it is all down hill from there. Mackenzie has almost as many shoes as I do! Sad but true.
Post a Comment