I have a personal visitor this weekend which means my love for chocolate greatly increases which, in turn makes me extra chubby. So since I "needed" some chocolate I made this chocolate cake recipe and it was quite delish! And I don't know what my sister was thinking but if you make chocolate cake from scratch you can't, I repeat can't frost it with Betty Crocker Frosting! Seriously Mandee??? So I found a recipe for some delicious chocolate frosting and I thought I would share it.
"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
I easily drank a 1/4 gallon of milk with my teeny tiny slice of chocolate cake. IT WAS SO GOOD!
And now I feel like a fat cow. And I need to start back on my stupid low carb diet on Monday, because unfortunately this baby weight isn't going to melt off by itself. Wish me luck!
While I was making my chocolate cake I watched 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' and that show is seriously RIDICULOUS. Those women are NASTY!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh Abby... you are funny. I agree it is more delicious with real frosting, but if you don't have time- or the patience since you just made a chocolate cake from SCRATCH and you have FIVE kids- then Betty Crocker does the job just fine.
But it's good, huh. I'm making it today. And I'll try your frosting recipe.
Real Housewive's? I can't do it. I already watch too much TV and The Bachelor is as trashy as I get. But then Aaron told me yesterday that I was a prude... so there ya have it.
Love you- miss you. Move to Utah.
Yes, no one would want to watch the life of a real housewife-ie a super great mom eating teeny tiny slices of chocolate cake. Not so exciting for anyone but said mom as she relishes the chocolate sending endorphins to the tired mommy brain. I do love being a housewife I just wish someone else cleaned the house. -- ps it's 80 degrees here today so Utah doesn't sound so great. (Mandee still gives Uth bonus points because she is such a great sis)
Post a Comment